In line with government guidelines, please follow the guidelines below:
If you are having an outpatient appointment for any reason, please follow point 1 below:
- If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not attend your appointment. Please cancel the appointment and arrange a lateral flow test (LFT). Let the clinic know that you will need to rebook.
- A temperature of greater than 37.8 degrees
- Persistent new cough
- Loss of sense of smell and taste
If you are having cataract surgery, undertake a COVID-19 test prior to your surgery. Please follow the instructions below:
- Please order a test at least 10 days before the appointment to allow time for the test to be undertaken. This can be ordered from the link here: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- The test should be undertaken 3 days before the procedure date.
- You should socially distance yourself for 3 days prior to surgery.
- Please provide proof of the test by logging the result on the gov.uk website, where you will receive an email or text to verify the test result once you have entered your result. This must be brought with the patient on the day of admission.
We thank you for your patience and understanding. Stay safe!