SpaMedica is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and largest provider of NHS cataract surgery.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Medical Administrator/Receptionist to join our team based in Liverpool to provide and project a positive, friendly image to our patients and use your strong administrator to ensure the smooth running of the clinic.
Our team work between sites so willingness to travel is essential
You will be part of a team that represents the company in a first class way and will make sure all visitors and callers are greeted in a friendly and professional manner.
- Effectively manage a team of patient co-ordinators and to include the following
- Produce a fair and consistent monthly rota
- Sign off holidays in line with the business activity, ensuring adequate cover
- Produce weekly plans for the weeks medical record preparation
- To be confident with absence reporting and completing return to work interviews
- To conduct 3 months and 6 monthly probation reviews highlighting additional training requirements
- To be involved in the appraisal process, preparation and delivery
- To be confident in delivering one to one meetings and recording conversations in writing
- To be involved in disciplinary and investigation meeting where required
- To be trust worthy with the management of confidential information
- Participates in the recruitment of new team members into the department
- Acts as trainer to new team members updating training manual
- Holding regular team meetings
- To be involved in and deliver new processes in line with NHS guidance
- To ensure the management of medical records both active and archived is in line with the Records Management Code of Practice for Health and Social Care 2016
- To ensure all patient specific directories are accurate and available on the day of clinic
- To lead by example and deliver exemplary customer service
- To promote our in-house patient feedback programme and NHS Choices
- Ability to objectively feedback on the performance of individual patient co-ordinators
- To effectively manage patient feedback, be professional and demonstrate empathy with patient complaints
- To be involved with the delivery and implementation of new sites for example postal service, taxi company etc
- To ensure all updated clinic activity is followed through and all patients rescheduled as appropriate
- To be involved in the delivery of new systems and updates
- Work alongside patient relations manager in respect to all aspects of the department
- Working closely with Clinical Leads and Registered Managers to ensure effective communication
- Travel to other locations as required
- Attend Forecast Meetings in the absence of patient relations manager
- To work alongside the Patient Relations manager in preparation of CQC inspections
- To adhere to all health and safety procedures
- To ensure all housekeeping stock is within levels and ordered correctly
- Maintaining standards of presentation and cleanliness for reception and patient waiting areas
- To ensure patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data protection Act
- Previous supervisory experience and able to deliver both positive and development feedback
- Excellent customer service skills and have the ability to deliver patient information in a positive manner and be pro -active with patient queries
- Confident in ability to oversee daily management of team
- Continually develop leadership skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office, outlook, excel and word.
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Prepared to travel at short notice if required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Nice To Haves:
- Both Private and NHS healthcare sector experience
- Experience of patient administration systems, PAS and medisoft
- Previous experience in staff training
- Previous team leadership skills
- Full clean UK driving licence
What Kind Of Person Are We Looking For:
- Highly motivated and confident in own initiative
- Enthusiastic about learning and delivering new, specialist knowledge.
- Team-working skills
- Accepts responsibility for developing own knowledge and skills.
- Participates in all mandatory training.
We are a busy team and your role is vital to ensure we run smoothly and offer a great service to our patients.
To be considered, you will have a minimum 12 months experience in a similar role.