As the Clinical Optometrist, you will work alongside a wider clinical team to provide safe, effective, efficient delivery of clinical care. Your key responsibilities will focus on patient centric care, with a focus on providing independent eyecare and make assessments on the need for cataract surgery.
The role will contribute to the safe delivery of services and smooth running of the service, including supporting clinical governance and compliance within the Hospital.
As part of the team you will ensure The CHEC Way is implemented and contribute your expertise within the wider group and organisation to drive clinical effectiveness.
You will assist the Hospital Manager regarding the above, and input into the Clinical
Effectives Group (CEG).
The role would suit an Optometrist wanting to expand their horizons and take the leap into the clinical side of optometry
The role of the optometrist is to provide independent eyecare and make assessments
on the need for cataract surgery. The role will involve, but not limited to:
• Assessment and Counselling the patient for cataract surgery with patients and
• Ensure patients understand risks and benefits of surgery with a considerate
manner reflecting the patient’s needs
• Providing reassurance from the start to the end of the patient journey
• Ensuring post-operative management is undertaken with the support of medical
• Undertake YAG laser with training
• The successful candidate will need to have 12 months post-registration
experience and hold current GOC registration
• To identify ways of continued quality improvement.
• Improve service quality by evaluating systems and devising new processes as
• Regularly attend team and other meetings as appropriate, contributing positively
to discussions and debates and participating in shared decision making.
• Ensure effective communication including the dissemination of information
accurately and timely to support effective team working.
• Act at all times as an ambassador for the organisation and maintain positive and
effective communication both internally and externally in representing the
service offered by CHEC.
• Produce clear, legible and consistent written documentation.
The role will involve general administrative duties that support the above activities.
Applications should be submitted via e-mail with a CV attached to:
E mail: email@example.com
Sorry. This position closed 14/06/2020