WHO ARE COMMUNITY HEALTH AND EYECARE
Community Eyecare are the largest provider of community ophthalmology services in the UK, delivering over 150,000 outpatient appointments per year. Working across the community and secondary care setting, within our own cataract and surgical center’s and community based location such as GP practice and Optometrists. We operate across the whole UK. We are a forward thinking organisation, focused on growth with growth plans in place and plans to open more locations across the UK.
Established in 2012 as a provider of NHS eyecare outside the hospital setting. Over the past 3 years, CHEC (as we like to call ourselves) has grown phenomenally moving from under 15 employees to over 160 in just over 12 months. The speed of growth is set to continue with ambitious plans to rapidly expand services, and consolidate our position as the largest provider of community eyecare in England.
With a strong entrepreneurial culture, we are seeking to recruit dynamic and independent individuals to join our team.
You must be responsive and quick to spot opportunities for developing our work through different partnerships. Want to encourage a creative atmosphere where new ideas can flourish. People who thrive in our organisation enjoy an atmosphere where they take on a high level of personal responsibility for achieving outstanding results whilst building strong relationships both internally and externally.
We have ambitious goals and targets in place. If you consider you have the skills and experience to be part of this growth, are creative and effective. If you wish to develop as an individual then this is the organisation for you.
This will be a demanding role. We have a highly effective team, and deliver through team work. This is a great opportunity for professional development, and to play a significant part in our growing success. Interested? Come and join us and do it #thechecway
Main Purpose of Post:
As a Hospital Technician you will focus on patient centred care. You will work alongside the clinical team in the day to day running of clinics, carrying out diagnostic examinations, and working alongside the surgical team, whilst maintaining high quality care.
Main Responsibilities & Key Duties
• You will prepare all areas prior to any clinical activities ensuring equipment is checked and ready for use
• You will clean, prepare and assemble surgical equipment prior to and during treatment whilst ensuring equipment is stored correctly following use
• Undertake and record the following tasks (with appropriate training and competency):
o OCT Scans
o Visual Fields
o Visual Acuity
o Assisting with minor operations
• Act as theatre runner/escort ensuring that patients receive the highest quality care and our theatre team are assisted during surgery. Recognise changes in observations of patient and report and act on said changes
• Maintain high levels of infection control and take appropriate action if standards are not being met
• Instruct patients in appropriate techniques or tasks
• Assist clinicians in emergency management of patients
• Act as a chaperone
• Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
• Help patients appreciate principles of “healthy living” and provide literature for patients as needed
• Transport equipment as required
• Adhere to good record keeping
• Working with the Registered Manager, ensure the service remains CQC compliant.
• De-escalate any verbal complaints in a caring, supportive manner, being mindful of other patient’s needs.
• Escalate verbal complaints to the Hospital Manager for advice, guidance and action, in order to improve communication and reduce patient dissatisfaction or the need for written complaints
• Facilitate a ‘Black Box Thinking’ approach and culture towards reporting of incidents.
• Escalate incidents, such as Near Misses/SUI/SIs to the Hospital Manager for advice, and guidance
• Implementing changes to practice, and lessons learnt to the whole unit team.
• General Admin
• The role will involve general administrative duties that support the above activities.
Please email your CV to Kay.email@example.com
Sorry. This position closed 14/06/2020