Key responsibilities of the Registered Nurse/ODP will be to focus on patient centric care, participating in the entire pathways for all patients from pre-admission, surgery and post-operative management
Although this list is not exhaustive, tasks include:
• Adherence to the guidance and Code of Conduct of the NMC & HPC at all times
• Comply with the clinical governance procedures of the company, reporting near misses, concerns and incidents in a timely manner • Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
• Undertake preoperative assessment and diagnostic tests
• Undertake operating theatre scrub role under Afpp good practice guidance
• Understand and undertake admission and discharge of patients pre and post-surgery
• Prepare clinical areas for clinical activities daily
• Adhere to good record keeping, drug administration in line with The Royal College of Nursing and The Pharmaceutical Society guidelines, and corporate policies and procedures
• Participate in departmental audits
• Provide support and mentorship for other staff members
• Assist surgeons in the delivery of ophthalmic care
• Undertake ILS/ALS training
• Ability to manage theatre equipment, assist with stock management, equipment checking before use and safe storage after use.
• Adhere to Information Governance rules on data protection at all times
• Currently no on-call service, which may develop over time
Culture & Leadership
The post holder will be;
• Embrace the passion of The CHEC Way throughout the whole unit.
• Lead by example as a Registered Nurse/ODP
• De-escalate any verbal complaints in a caring, supportive manner, being mindful of other patient’s needs.
• Escalate verbal complaints to the Hospital Manager for advice, guidance and action, in order to improve communication and reduce patient dissatisfaction or the need for written complaints
• Facilitate a ‘Black Box Thinking’ approach and culture towards reporting of incidents.
• Escalate incidents, such as Near Misses/SUI/SIs to the Hospital Manager for advice, and guidance
• Implementing changes to practice, and lessons learnt to the whole unit team.
• General Admin
• The role will involve general administrative duties that support the above activities.
The role will involve general administrative duties that support the above activities.
• To identify ways of continued quality improvement.
• Improve service quality by evaluating systems and devising new processes as appropriate.
• Regularly attend team and other meetings as appropriate, contributing positively to discussions and debates and participating in shared decision making.
• Ensure effective communication including the dissemination of information accurately and timely to support effective team working.
• Act at all times as an ambassador for the organisation and maintain positive and effective communication both internally and externally in representing the service offered by CHEC.
• Produce clear, legible and consistent written documentation.
Sorry. This position closed 15/11/2020